Last Updated on February 25, 2021
Wired For Youth is supported by readers. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This does not affect who we choose to review or what we recommend. Learn more
About Yoel Farkas
I am originally from Toronto, Canada and practised as an attorney since 2005. I founded two specialized legal firms both in Canada and the Middle East before reinventing myself as a mentor and coach following my divorce after 18 years of marriage. More on that below…
About Yoel Farkas Corporation Ltd.
I mentor and coach men to take action to recover from their divorces utilizing the method that I used to get on the road to recovery following my divorce. My method is unique in that it combines personal development actions and therapy (I do not do the therapy myself) to make the process quicker (via personal development) and more impactful (via therapy). I started it after realizing that other men can benefit from the method that worked for me. I invested in a program that assists coaches with starting coaching programs.
- 1 How Did You Get Your First Several Customers Or Users? How Many Users Or Customers Do You Have Now?
- 2 How Does Your Company Grow And Acquire New Customers?
- 3 What Actionable Tips And Tricks Do You Have For New Founders Who Are Looking To Get Their First Thousand Users Or Dollars?
- 4 What Is Something You’ve Learned That Would Not Be Obvious To Somebody Who Hasn’t Worked In Your Space Before?
- 5 What’s The Craziest Thing That’s Happened To You (Good Or Bad) On Your Founder Journey?
- 6 What Are Your Favorite Books?
- 7 Anything You’d Like To Plug?
How Did You Get Your First Several Customers Or Users? How Many Users Or Customers Do You Have Now?
It’s in its early stages so I’ve actually offered some free one-on-one coaching to “get my feet wet” and have had many of those clients. I have since started growing with 3 clients and I am manifesting many more!
How Does Your Company Grow And Acquire New Customers?
I do alot of marketing through social media posts, my YouTube channel, PR (such as this!) and, of course, word of mouth. I wrote a book which I published on Amazon.
What Actionable Tips And Tricks Do You Have For New Founders Who Are Looking To Get Their First Thousand Users Or Dollars?
It depends on the business but some general guidelines are: 1) to establish yourself as an expert in your field. You can accomplish this by writing a book and/or making yourself visible on social media and the like. 2) Take action every single day to ensure momentum is continuing on your new business 3) Invest in education in your field to gain mastery 4) Delegate the things that you may not do well which can be done relatively inexpensively if on a shoestring budget such as utilizing seller services on websites like Fiverr.
What Is Something You’ve Learned That Would Not Be Obvious To Somebody Who Hasn’t Worked In Your Space Before?
You do not need to be perfect or an expert to start as a coach. Yes you should work at your craft and master it as much as you can, but this is not a prerequisite for getting started. You do need a passion and enthusiasm for what which you are coaching and also bring personal experience because if you’re not authentic, clients will not connect with you.
What’s The Craziest Thing That’s Happened To You (Good Or Bad) On Your Founder Journey?
A few men wrote to compliment me on a book which I had never even written yet (bizarre!). It was a clear sign to me to write a book which I have since published.
What Are Your Favorite Books?
- The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy
- The Master Key System by Charles Haanel
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Unleash the Giant Within by Anthony Robbins
- The Power of Intention by Wayne Dyer
- Grinding it Out by Ray Kroc
- Made in America by Sam Walton
- Total Recall by Arnold Schwarzenneger
- Lucky Man by Michael J. Fox
Anything You’d Like To Plug?
My book: Recover from Your Divorce In 4 Steps which not only divorced men can benefit from but frankly anyone open-minded who wants to grow through personal development
- Networking Is Everything With Hailey Feldman
- Leveraging Experience, Expertise, and Learning With Andrew Pometun
- Helping People Move Abroad With Alison Johnson
Book summaries, notes, interviews, and more!
Get Bite-sized Lessons straight to your inbox
No spam, all value — we deliver the best bite-sized tips right to your inbox.