Last Updated on September 24, 2020
Wired For Youth is supported by readers. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This does not affect who we choose to review or what we recommend. Learn more
- 1 Tell Us About Yourself And Your Background!
- 2 Tell Us About Your Company! How Did You Start It? Why Did You Start It?
- 3 How Did You Get Your First Several Customers Or Users? How Many Users Or Customers Do You Have Now?
- 4 How Does Your Company Grow And Acquire New Customers?
- 5 What Actionable Tips And Tricks Do You Have For New Founders Who Are Looking To Get Their First Thousand Users Or Dollars?
- 6 What Is Something You’ve Learned That Would Not Be Obvious To Somebody Who Hasn’t Worked In Your Space Before?
- 7 What’s The Craziest Thing That’s Happened To You (Good Or Bad) On Your Founder Journey?
- 8 What Are Your Favorite Books?
- 9 Anything You’d Like To Plug?
Tell Us About Yourself And Your Background!
I’m married and the mother of two. I’m an author and operate an online clothing Boutique on Poshmark. I have a medical background and also worked in the mortgage field. I currently reside in Philadelphia PA.
Tell Us About Your Company! How Did You Start It? Why Did You Start It?
I started my company as a way to make extra money from home, I started out by selling clothing that I no longer wore from my closet. I noticed sales right away, I did more research and started thrifting and selling those items on Poshmark. My thrift closet sold out. Poshmark offers sellers the opptornity to start a boutique utilizing their platform. I completed the boutique certification in 2017. I went through my city and received a wholesale license. I didn’t open the Boutique side of my store until after the Pandemic. I utilize online wholesalers like FashionGo in order to keep my customer safe. I purchased some mask and some clothing items. My boutique store is almost sold out.
How Did You Get Your First Several Customers Or Users? How Many Users Or Customers Do You Have Now?
Poshmark is set of like social media, it’s like a community. I started following other Posher’s and sharing other people closet. I started getting followers quickly . On Poshmark followers can turn into customers. I also shared new comers closets.
How Does Your Company Grow And Acquire New Customers?
My company grow through engaging on the Poshmark app. I have
What Actionable Tips And Tricks Do You Have For New Founders Who Are Looking To Get Their First Thousand Users Or Dollars?
Stay engage on the Poshmark app, attend the Posh Parties and share other Posher’s closets. You should try and follow other closets as well. I currently have over 124,000 followers and I’m following over 150,000 Poshers.
What Is Something You’ve Learned That Would Not Be Obvious To Somebody Who Hasn’t Worked In Your Space Before?
I learned to have fun and to enjoy my time on the app. I also learned that to be successful on a platform like Poshmark you have to support other businesses on the app. You have to have a passion for other peoples success.
What’s The Craziest Thing That’s Happened To You (Good Or Bad) On Your Founder Journey?
When I started my store my first item that sold was a quilted black Donna Karen purse. The purse sold within the first 24 hrs of being posted. I was surprised because in my research people mention it could take a long time to get the first sale.
What Are Your Favorite Books?
Anything You’d Like To Plug?
It’s never to late to achieve your dreams.
- Building Multiple Million Dollar Companies With Nellie Akalp
- Why You Should Network As Much As You Can With Terri Lynn Yanke
- The Best Reading order for Robert Ludlum Books
Book summaries, notes, interviews, and more!
Get Bite-sized Lessons straight to your inbox
No spam, all value — we deliver the best bite-sized tips right to your inbox.