Last Updated on April 29, 2021
Wired For Youth is supported by readers. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This does not affect who we choose to review or what we recommend. Learn more
Fareed Zakaria is an Indian-American journalist, political scientist, and author. He is the host of CNN’s Fareed Zakaria GPS and writes a weekly column for the Washington Post. He is the author of three books: The Future of Freedom: Illiberal Democracy at Home and Abroad, The Post-American World, and The Future of Capitalism: The Next Generation of Globalization. He has also been a columnist for Newsweek, editor of Newsweek International, and an editor at large of Time magazine. He is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, and a trustee of the New America Foundation.
Reading is one of the best ways to learn and grow. It is also one of the best ways to learn about the world and the people around us. Reading is a great way to learn about history, about the world, and about the people around us. Today, we’re glad to share with you a list of books recommended by one of the most influential journalists and thinkers of our time, Fareed Zakaria.
- 1 1.The Great Reversal by Thomas Philippon
- 2 2.Trade Is Not a Four-Letter Word by Fred P. Hochberg
- 3 3.The Decadent Society by Ross Douthat
- 4 4.Erdogan’s Empire by Soner Cagaptay
- 5 5.Prisoners of Geography by Tim Marshall
- 6 6.The American Story by David M. Rubenstein
- 7 7.Don’t Be Evil by Rana Foroohar
- 8 8.Blowout by Rachel Maddow
- 9 9.The Meritocracy Trap by Daniel Markovits
- 10 10.Talking to Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell
- 11 11.A Good Provider Is One Who Leaves by Jason DeParle
- 12 12.The Professor and the Madman by Simon Winchester
- 13 13.Democracy and Dictatorship in Europe by Sheri Berman
- 14 14.The Death of Truth by Michiko Kakutani
- 15 15.Hundred-Year Marathon by Michael Pillsbury
- 16 16.21 Lessons for the 21st Century by Yuval Noah Harari
- 17 17.The Guarded Gate by Daniel Okrent
- 18 18.Destined for War by Graham Allison
- 19 19.Hit Makers by Derek Thompson
- 20 20.Lee Kuan Yew by Graham Allison
- 21 21.The World Is Flat 3.0 by Thomas L. Friedman
Fareed Zakaria’s recommendations are a great way to learn about the world and the people around us. His recommendations highlight the fact that he’s a widely read and diversely informed man. A casual run-through of these books will give you a taste of literature, science, progress, and philosophy in many forms. We hope you enjoyed his recommendations and that you’ll read them and build your own wisdom and come up with new ideas for the future!
- Bill Simmons’s Book Recommendations
- Elon Musk’s Book Recommendations
- Robert Greene’s Book Recommendations
Book summaries, notes, interviews, and more!
Get Bite-sized Lessons straight to your inbox
No spam, all value — we deliver the best bite-sized tips right to your inbox.