Last Updated on April 8, 2021
Wired For Youth is supported by readers. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This does not affect who we choose to review or what we recommend. Learn more
Kara Brown’s recommendations highlight the fact that she is a writer and editor. Her recommendations are mostly books that are geared towards writing and the writing process. We hope you enjoyed her recommendations and that you’ll read them and build your own wisdom and come up with new ideas for the future!
Kara Brown is a writer for Jezebel and the host of the podcast called “Feminasty.” She has also written for The Root, The New York Observer, and The New York Post. Brown has a B.A. in English from the University of Virginia.
Reading is one of the best ways to learn and grow. It opens our minds to new ideas, new ways of thinking, and new ways of living. It’s also a great way to learn about the world around us. As such, we’re glad to share this list of books recommended by Kara Brown, a writer for Jezebel.
- 1 1.The Unexpected Truth About Animals: A Menagerie of the Misunderstood by Lucy Cooke
- 2 2.Mothers of Massive Resistance: White Women and the Politics of White Supremacy by Elizabeth Gillespie McRae
- 3 3.Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup by John Carreyrou
- 4 4.The Mothers by Brit Bennett
- 5 5.Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
- 6 6.King Leopold’s Ghost by Adam Hochschild
- 7 7.The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America’s Great Migration by Isabel Wilkerson
- 8 8.Ghettoside: A True Story of Murder in America by Jill Leovy
- 9 9.The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin
- 10 10.Meaty by Samantha Irby
- 11 11.Circe by Madeline Miller
- 12 12.The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
- 13 13.Barracoon: The Story of the Last “Black Cargo” by Zora Neale Hurston
- 14 14.Even This I Get to Experience by Norman Lear
- 15 15.The Short and Tragic Life of Robert Peace: A Brilliant Young Man Who Left Newark for the Ivy League by Jeff Hobbs
- 16 16.Women, Race & Class by Angela Y. Davis
- 17 17.Frederick Douglass: Prophet of Freedom by David W. Blight
2.Mothers of Massive Resistance: White Women and the Politics of White Supremacy by Elizabeth Gillespie McRae
15.The Short and Tragic Life of Robert Peace: A Brilliant Young Man Who Left Newark for the Ivy League by Jeff Hobbs
Kara Brown’s book recommendations are a great way to learn about the world around us. These books will help you understand the world in a new way and will help you learn about the world in a new way. We hope you enjoyed this list of book recommendations and that you’ll read them and learn from them!
- Phil Jackson’s Book Recommendations
- Rhonda Patrick’s Book Recommendations
- Connor Franta’s Book Recommendations
Book summaries, notes, interviews, and more!
Get Bite-sized Lessons straight to your inbox
No spam, all value — we deliver the best bite-sized tips right to your inbox.