Last Updated on May 5, 2021
Wired For Youth is supported by readers. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This does not affect who we choose to review or what we recommend. Learn more
Matt Chandler is the lead pastor of The Village Church in Dallas, Texas. He is also the president of the Acts 29 Network. He is the author of several books, including The Explicit Gospel and The Mingling of Souls. He is also the co-author of The Explicit Gospel Study Guide. He has been married to his wife, Lauren, for over twenty years, and they have four children.
Reading is one of the best ways to learn and grow as a person. It can help us learn new things, gain new perspectives, and grow in our faith. It can also help us learn about the lives of others and how they have dealt with the same struggles we face. Today, we’re glad to share a list of books recommended by Matt Chandler, one of the most influential pastors in the United States.
- 1 1.Jesus: A Theography, by Leonard Sweet and Frank Viola
- 2 2.The Christian Ministry, by Charles Bridges
- 3 3.The Knowledge of the Holy, by A.W. Tozer
- 4 4.The God Who Is There, by Francis Schaeffer
- 5 5.From Every People and Nation: A Biblical Theology of Race, by J. Daniel Hays
- 6 6.A Preacher’s Portrait: Five New Testament Word Studies, by John R.W. Stott
- 7 7.The Black Church in the African American Experience, by C. Eric Lincoln
- 8 8.Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy, by Eric Metaxas
- 9 9.Spiritual Leadership, by J. Oswald Sanders
- 10 10.Holiness, by J.C. Ryle
- 11 11.Amusing Ourselves to Death, by Neil Postman
Matt Chandler is one of the most influential pastors in the United States. His recommendations are a great way to learn about the lives of others and how they have dealt with the same struggles we face. We hope you enjoyed this list of book recommendations from Matt Chandler!
- David Sedaris’s Book Recommendations
- Patrick Rothfuss’s Book Recommendations
- Seth Godin’s Book Recommendations
Book summaries, notes, interviews, and more!
Get Bite-sized Lessons straight to your inbox
No spam, all value — we deliver the best bite-sized tips right to your inbox.