Last Updated on March 26, 2021
Wired For Youth is supported by readers. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This does not affect who we choose to review or what we recommend. Learn more
Michelle Obama is an author, lawyer, and former First Lady of the United States. She is married to the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama, and is the first African-American First Lady of the United States. She is also the first First Lady to hold a postgraduate degree and the second-youngest First Lady at the age of 47 years and 6 months at the time of her husband’s inauguration. She was born in Chicago, Illinois on January 17, 1964, to Fraser and Marian Robinson. She attended Princeton University, where she earned a bachelor’s degree in sociology in 1985 and a master’s degree in sociology in 1987. She then attended Harvard Law School, where she earned her Juris Doctor degree in 1988. She met Barack Obama in 1989, and they were married in 1992. She worked at the law firm Sidley Austin as an attorney before taking a position as an Assistant District Manager with the Chicago Public Schools. She later became the Vice President for Community and External
Michelle Obama is a wonderful role model for women all around the world. She has been a great First Lady, and she has also been a great advocate for women and girls. She has also been an advocate for healthy living and for children. She has written two books, and she has also been a guest on many podcasts and radio shows. She is a wonderful person, and she has a lot to share. Today, we’re glad to share some of her favorite books.
- 1 1.Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison
- 2 2.Exit West by Mohsin Hamid
- 3 3.White Teeth by Zadie Smith
- 4 4.Commonwealth by Ann Patchett
- 5 5.An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
- 6 6.Educated by Tara Westover
- 7 7.Conversations with Myself by Nelson Mandela
- 8 8.The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- 9 9.The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
- 10 10.Life of Pi by Yann Martel
- 11 11.The Adventures of Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren
Michelle Obama has a lot to share, and she has a lot to teach us. Her book recommendations are a great way to learn from her. We hope you enjoyed this list of book recommendations from Michelle Obama.
- Mohnish Pabrai’s Book Recommendations
- Noah Centineo’s Book Recommendations
- Jocko Willink’s Book Recommendations
Book summaries, notes, interviews, and more!
Get Bite-sized Lessons straight to your inbox
No spam, all value — we deliver the best bite-sized tips right to your inbox.