Last Updated on March 26, 2021
Wired For Youth is supported by readers. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This does not affect who we choose to review or what we recommend. Learn more
Noah Smith is an assistant professor of finance at Stony Brook University. He is also a columnist at Bloomberg View, and a regular contributor to The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and The New Republic. He has also written for The Atlantic, The New Yorker, The Washington Post, The Boston Globe, and The New York Times Magazine.
Reading is one of the best ways to learn new things and expand your horizons. It’s also one of the best ways to learn about the world and the people in it. In this list of book recommendations, we’re glad to share the works of Noah Smith, an assistant professor of finance at Stony Brook University.
1. Guns, Germs, and Steel, by Jared Diamond
2. The Better Angels of Our Nature, by Steven Pinker
3.Why the West Rules – For Now, by Ian Morris
4. The Myth of the Rational Market, by Justin Fox
5. When Genius Failed, by Roger Lowenstein
6. The Wisdom of Crowds, by James Surowiecki
7. The Big Short, by Michael Lewis
9. The Second Machine Age, by Erik Brynjolfsson ad Andrew McAfee
10. A Random Walk Down Wall Street, by Burton Malkiel
11. Zombie Economics, by John Quiggin
12. 13 Bankers, by Simon Johnson and James Kwak
13. My Life as a Quant, by Emanuel Derman
14. Nightwork, by Anne Allison
15. Can Japan Compete?, by Michael Porter and Hirotaka Takeuchi
16.Democracy Without Competition in Japan, by Ethan Scheiner
17. The Making of Modern Japan, by Marius Jansen
18.The Rising Sun, by John Toland
19. The Pleasure of Finding Things Out, by Richard Feynman
20.The Trouble With Physics, by Lee Smolin
21. Autumn in the Heavenly Kingdom, by Stephen Platt
22. Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World, by Jack Weatherford
23. A World Undone, by G.J. Meyer
24. Destiny Disrupted, by Tamim Ansary
25. Lost Enlightenment, by S. Frederick Starr
26. Empires of the Sea, by Roger Crowley
27. Delivering Happiness, by Tony Hsieh
28. Mindset, by Carol Dweck
29. The Clockwork Universe, by Edward Dolnick
30. How the Scots Invented the Modern World, by Arthur Herman
31. Coming Apart, by Charles Murray
Noah Smith’s book recommendations are a great way to learn about the world and the people in it. His recommendations are a great way to learn about the world and the people in it. His recommendations are a great way to learn about the world and the people in it. His recommendations are a great way to learn about the world and the people in it.
- Ivanka Trump’s Book Recommendations
- Paul Tudor Jones II’s Book Recommendations
- Marian Finucane’s Book Recommendations
Book summaries, notes, interviews, and more!
Get Bite-sized Lessons straight to your inbox
No spam, all value — we deliver the best bite-sized tips right to your inbox.