Last Updated on April 8, 2021
Wired For Youth is supported by readers. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This does not affect who we choose to review or what we recommend. Learn more
Phil Jackson is a former NBA player and coach. He is best known for his time with the Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers. He has won eleven NBA titles as a coach, more than any other coach in NBA history. He is also the only coach in NBA history to win the NBA title with three different teams: the Chicago Bulls, the Los Angeles Lakers, and the New York Knicks. Jackson was born in Deer Lodge, Montana. He played basketball for the University of North Dakota from 1965 to 1968. He was drafted into the NBA by the New York Knicks in 1969. He played for the Knicks until 1975. He then played for the New Orleans Jazz until 1978. He then played for the Los Angeles Lakers from 1979 until 1982. He retired after the 1982 season. He was a head coach for the Albany Patroons of the Continental Basketball Association from 1984 to 1986. He then became an assistant coach for the Los Angeles Lakers. He became the head coach of the Chicago Bulls in 1989.
Phil Jackson is one of the most successful coaches in NBA history. He has won eleven NBA titles as a coach, more than any other coach in NBA history. He is also the only coach in NBA history to win the NBA title with three different teams: the Chicago Bulls, the Los Angeles Lakers, and the New York Knicks. He has also been a part of the coaching staff of the USA Basketball Men’s National Team. Today, we are glad to share some of his favorite books.
- 1 1.“The Vampire Lestat,” by Anne Rice
- 2 2.“Journey to the End of the Night,” by Louis Ferdinand-Céline
- 3 3.“The Outsiders,” by S. E. Hinton
- 4 4.“A Good Man Is Hard to Find,” by Flannery O’Connor
- 5 5.“A Feast of Ice and Fire: The Official Game of Thrones Companion Cookbook,” by Chelsea Monroe-Casse
- 6 6.The Bloody Rise of the Satanic Metal Underground,” by Michael Moynihan
- 7 7.Tao Te Ching By Stephen Mitchell
- 8 8.Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind By Shunryu Suzuki
- 9 9.Start Where You Are: A Guide to Compassionate Living By Pema Chodron
- 10 10.On Becoming a Person: A Therapist’s View of Psychotherapy By Carl Rogers
- 11 11.A Monk in the World: Cultivating a Spiritual Life By Wayne Teasdale
- 12 12.The Farther Reaches of Human Nature By Abraham H. Maslow
- 13 13.Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life By Thich Nhat Hanh
5.“A Feast of Ice and Fire: The Official Game of Thrones Companion Cookbook,” by Chelsea Monroe-Casse
We hope you enjoyed this list of book recommendations from one of the greatest coaches in NBA history, Phil Jackson. There are so many rich learnings to be had from these books that will help change your perspective on life, love, and the world. If you love learning, thinking, and writing, you’ll pick up so much from all of these recommendations. Let us know if you have any favorites!
- Hannah Hart’s Book Recommendations
- Diane Rehm’s Book Recommendations
- Sara Haines’s Book Recommendations
Book summaries, notes, interviews, and more!
Get Bite-sized Lessons straight to your inbox
No spam, all value — we deliver the best bite-sized tips right to your inbox.