Last Updated on May 7, 2021
Wired For Youth is supported by readers. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This does not affect who we choose to review or what we recommend. Learn more
Ryan Holiday is an author, marketer, and entrepreneur. He is a media strategist for many companies and authors, including Robert Greene, Tucker Max, James Altucher, and Tim Ferriss. Holiday is also the author of three books, Trust Me, I’m Lying: Confessions of a Media Manipulator, The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph, and Ego Is the Enemy.
Reading is one of the most important things you can do to improve yourself. It’s one of the best ways to learn about the world and to learn about yourself. It’s also one of the best ways to learn about your vocation. In today’s list, we’re glad to share the book recommendations of Ryan Holiday.
- 1 1.Discipline Equals Freedom: Field Manual by Jocko Willink
- 2 2.Why Don’t We Learn from History? by B. H. Liddell Hart
- 3 3.Yes to Life: In Spite of Everything by Viktor E. Frankl and The Choice: Embrace the Possible by Dr. Edith Eva Eger
- 4 4.That One Should Disdain Hardships: The Teachings of a Roman Stoic by Musonius Rufus
- 5 5.The Second Mountain: The Quest for a Moral Life by David Brooks
- 6 6.How to Be a Leader by Plutarch
- 7 7.Turning Pro: Tap Your Inner Power and Create Your Life’s Work by Steven Pressfield
- 8 8.Florence Nightingale by Cecil Woodham-Smith
- 9 9.Everything Is Figureoutable by Marie Forleo
- 10 10.A Calendar of Wisdom by Leo Tolstoy
- 11 11.The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- 12 12.Leadership: In Turbulent Times by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- 13 13.Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World by Cal Newport
- 14 14.The Laws of Human Nature by Robert Greene
- 15 15.Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
- 16 16.Montaigne by Stefan Zweig
3.Yes to Life: In Spite of Everything by Viktor E. Frankl and The Choice: Embrace the Possible by Dr. Edith Eva Eger
Ryan Holiday’s recommendations are a great mix of books that will help you learn about yourself, the world, and your vocation. If you’re looking for a good mix of books, this list is for you. We hope you enjoyed this list and that you’ll read these books and learn from them!
- Russell Brand’s Book Recommendations
- Marcus Lemonis’s Book Recommendations
- Jenn Im’s Book Recommendations
Book summaries, notes, interviews, and more!
Get Bite-sized Lessons straight to your inbox
No spam, all value — we deliver the best bite-sized tips right to your inbox.