Last Updated on May 4, 2021
Wired For Youth is supported by readers. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This does not affect who we choose to review or what we recommend. Learn more
Sam Harris is an American author, philosopher, and neuroscientist. He is the co-founder and CEO of Project Reason, a nonprofit organization that promotes science and secularism, and author of The End of Faith, Letter to a Christian Nation, The Moral Landscape, Free Will, Lying, Waking Up, and Islam and the Future of Tolerance: A Dialogue. He has been described as belonging to the “Four Horsemen of New Atheism,” along with Richard Dawkins, Daniel Dennett, and the late Christopher Hitchens.
Reading is one of the best ways to broaden our horizons and learn about the world around us. Today, we’re glad to share a list of books recommended by one of the most influential and controversial thinkers of our time, Sam Harris.
- 1 1.Behave by Robert M. Sapolsky
- 2 2.The Flight of the Garuda by Keith Dowman
- 3 3.The Beginning of Infinity by David Deutsch
- 4 4.Enlightenment Now by Steven Pinker
- 5 5.Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Todd Gilbert
- 6 6.In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
- 7 7.The Anatomy of Disgust by William Ian Miller
- 8 8.Machete Season by Jean Hatzfeld
- 9 9.History of Western Philosophy by Bertrand Russell
- 10 10.Hitch-22 by Christopher Hitchens
- 11 11.Reasons and Persons by Derek Parfit
- 12 12.Superintelligence by Nick Bostrom
- 13 13.On Having No Head by Douglas Edison Harding
- 14 14.Our Final Invention by James Barrat
- 15 15.Mortal Questions by Thomas Nagel
- 16 16.The Last Word by Thomas Nagel
- 17 17.I Am That by Nisargadatta Maharaj
- 18 18.Humiliation by William Ian Miller
- 19 19.God Is Not Great by Christopher Hitchens
Sam Harris is a controversial figure, but he’s also one of the most influential thinkers of our time. His books cover a wide range of topics, from neuroscience to philosophy to religion and beyond. We hope you enjoyed this list of book recommendations and that you’ll read them and build your own wisdom and come up with new ideas for the future!
- Tanya Burr’s Book Recommendations
- Richard Dawkins’s Book Recommendations
- Robert Kiyosaki’s Book Recommendations
Book summaries, notes, interviews, and more!
Get Bite-sized Lessons straight to your inbox
No spam, all value — we deliver the best bite-sized tips right to your inbox.