Last Updated on April 28, 2021
Wired For Youth is supported by readers. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This does not affect who we choose to review or what we recommend. Learn more
Tyler Cowen is an American economist, professor, and blogger. He is currently a professor of economics at George Mason University. He has written over twenty books, including the New York Times bestseller The Great Stagnation. He is also the host of the popular economics podcast, “Marginal Revolution”. In addition to his academic work, he is a co-founder of Marginal Revolution University, an online education platform.
Reading is one of the best ways to learn and grow. It’s one of the best ways to learn about the world and about ourselves. Reading is also a great way to learn about different fields of study and about different perspectives. Today, we’re glad to share this list of book recommendations made by one of the most well-known economists of our time, Tyler Cowen.
- 1 1.The Book of Disquiet by Fernando Pessoa, RICHARD Zenith
- 2 2.WikinomicsHow Mass Collaboration Changes Everything by Don Tapscott, Anthony D. Williams
- 3 3.Everything Is Miscellaneous by David Weinberger
- 4 4.Individualism and Economic Order by F. A. Hayek
- 5 5.Zen and the Art of Motorcycle MaintenanceAn Inquiry Into Values by Robert M. Pirsig
- 6 6.The Glass Bead Game by Hermann Hesse, Richard Winston, Clara Winston, Theodore Ziolkowski
- 7 7.Guadalcanal Diary by Richard Tregaskis, Mark Bowden
- 8 8.Think Like A Grandmaster by A A Kotov, John Nunn, Bernard Cafferty
- 9 9.Instant ReplayThe Green Bay Diary of Jerry Kramer by Gerald L. Kramer, Dick Schaap, Jonathan Yardley
- 10 10.The Joy of Sex by Alex Comfort
- 11 11.Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach, Russell Munson
- 12 12.The Trachtenberg Speed System of Basic Mathematics by Rudolph McShane, Jakow Trachtenberg, Ann Cutler, Sam Sloan
- 13 13.The CodebreakersThe Comprehensive History of Secret Communication from Ancient Times to the Internet by David Kahn
- 14 14.Basic Chess Endings by Reuben Fine, Pal Benko
- 15 15.My 60 Memorable Games by Bobby Fischer
- 16 16.Deep ThinkingWhere Machine Intelligence Ends and Human Creativity Begins by Garry Kasparov, Bob Brown, Mig Greengard
- 17 17.The Making of Star Trek by Stephen E. Whitfield
- 18 18.The Billionaire RajA Journey Through India’s New Gilded Age by James Crabtree
- 19 19.An Economist Walks Into a BrothelAnd Other Unexpected Places to Understand Risk by Allison Schrager
- 20 20.Here Comes EverybodyThe Power of Organizing Without Organizations by Clay Shirky
The Green Bay Diary of Jerry Kramer by Gerald L. Kramer, Dick Schaap, Jonathan Yardley
12.The Trachtenberg Speed System of Basic Mathematics by Rudolph McShane, Jakow Trachtenberg, Ann Cutler, Sam Sloan
The Comprehensive History of Secret Communication from Ancient Times to the Internet by David Kahn
Where Machine Intelligence Ends and Human Creativity Begins by Garry Kasparov, Bob Brown, Mig Greengard
19.An Economist Walks Into a Brothel
And Other Unexpected Places to Understand Risk by Allison Schrager
Tyler Cowen’s book recommendations are a great mix of economics, philosophy, and history. They’re a great way to get a taste of different fields of study and different perspectives. We hope you enjoyed these recommendations and that you’ll read them and build your own wisdom and come up with new ideas for the future!
- Ben Greenfield’s Book recommendations
- Bill Gates’s Book Recommendations
- Anthony Robbins’s Book Recommendations
Book summaries, notes, interviews, and more!
Get Bite-sized Lessons straight to your inbox
No spam, all value — we deliver the best bite-sized tips right to your inbox.