Last Updated on April 29, 2021
Wired For Youth is supported by readers. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This does not affect who we choose to review or what we recommend. Learn more
Warren Buffett is an American business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. He is widely considered the most successful investor of the 20th century. He is the primary shareholder, chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, and consistently ranked among the world’s wealthiest people. He was ranked as the world’s wealthiest person in 2008 and as the third wealthiest person in 2011. In 2012, American magazine “Forbes” reported that Buffett was the world’s wealthiest person, ahead of Bill Gates and Carlos Slim. Buffett is often referred to as the “Wizard of Omaha”, or “Oracle of Omaha”, and is noted for his adherence to the value investing philosophy and for his personal frugality despite his immense wealth. He is a notable philanthropist, having pledged to give away 99 percent of his fortune to philanthropic causes, primarily via the Gates Foundation. On April 11, 2012, Buffett was diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Warren Buffett is one of the most successful investors of all time. He has made billions of dollars in his lifetime and has been able to live a life of luxury and leisure. He has been able to do this because of his ability to invest in companies that are undervalued and to invest in companies that are expected to grow. Today, we are here to share some of the books that Warren Buffett recommends to his friends and family.
- 1 1. ‘Poor Charlie’s Almanack: The Wit and Wisdom of Charles T. Munger’ by Peter D. Kaufman
- 2 2. ‘The Intelligent Investor’ By Benjamin Graham
- 3 3. ‘A Few Lessons for Investors and Managers From Warren Buffett’ by Peter Bevelin
- 4 4. ‘Tap Dancing to Work: Warren Buffett on Practically Everything’ By Carol J. Loomis
- 5 5.‘The Outsiders: Eight Unconventional CEOs and Their Radically Rational Blueprint for Success’ By William N. Thorndike
- 6 6.‘The Clash of the Cultures: Investment vs. Speculation’ By John C. Bogle
- 7 7. ‘Investing Between the Lines: How to Make Smarter Decisions by Decoding CEO Communications’ By L.J. Rittenhouse
- 8 8. ‘Berkshire Hathaway Letters to Shareholders’ by Max Olson
- 9 9. ’40 Chances: Finding Hope in a Hungry World’ By Howard G. Buffett and Howard W. Buffett
- 10 10. ‘The Little Book of Common Sense Investing: The Only Way to Guarantee Your Fair Share of Stock Market Returns’ By John C. Bogle
- 11 11. ‘Where Are the Customers’ Yachts? Or a Good Hard Look at Wall Street’ By Fred Schwed
- 12 12. ‘Limping On Water’ By Phil Beuth and K.C. Schulberg
- 13 13. ‘Warren Buffett’s Ground Rules: Words of Wisdom from the Partnership Letters of the World’s Greatest Investor’ By Jeremy C. Miller
- 14 14. ‘Shoe Dog’ By Phil Knight
5.‘The Outsiders: Eight Unconventional CEOs and Their Radically Rational Blueprint for Success’ By William N. Thorndike
7. ‘Investing Between the Lines: How to Make Smarter Decisions by Decoding CEO Communications’ By L.J. Rittenhouse
13. ‘Warren Buffett’s Ground Rules: Words of Wisdom from the Partnership Letters of the World’s Greatest Investor’ By Jeremy C. Miller
Warren Buffett is a man of many talents. He is a great investor, a great businessman, and a great philanthropist. He is also a great reader. He reads books on a wide range of topics from business to investing to philosophy. We hope you enjoyed this list of book recommendations from one of the greatest investors of all time, Warren Buffett.
- Mark Manson’s Book Recommendation
- Fareed Zakaria’s Book Recommendations
- Bill Simmons’s Book Recommendations
Book summaries, notes, interviews, and more!
Get Bite-sized Lessons straight to your inbox
No spam, all value — we deliver the best bite-sized tips right to your inbox.